Housing Related Support is offered by a number of providers across North East Lincolnshire - including NAViGO and Nurtrio.

Funded by North East Lincolnshire Council, the aim of the support is to help people live independently by assisting them to:

  • set up and maintain a safe and secure home
  • learn to look after money, cook and clean
  • get help with claiming benefits
  • look for and move into alternative accommodation if required
  • find training, volunteer or job opportunities
  • seek help and advice from social services, health care providers or community groups
  • gain confidence and emotional support

Anyone who is over the age of 16 and needs help to live independently can access Housing Related Support. This includes:

  • frail and elderly people
  • people with learning disabilities
  • people with mental health problems
  • people with a physical or sensory disability
  • single homeless people with support needs
  • homeless families with support needs
  • rough sleepers
  • young people at risk
  • people at risk of domestic abuse
  • people with drug and/or alcohol problems
  • offenders and people at risk of offending

How can I access Housing Related Support?

North East Lincolnshire Council manage applications to the service. You can refer to the service by completing this online form.

If a referral is being made on a service user’s behalf, consent to refer must be gained.

If you’re in a mental health crisis and need urgent help, call the Single Point of Access on (01472) 256256 and select option 3.

They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Alternatively, you can call NHS 111 free from a landline or mobile phone.