We’re proud of being an inclusive organisation - one that takes equality and diversity seriously in all aspects.
What we do:
- We actively recruit individuals with a lived experience of mental ill health
- We provide training and placements which often lead to employment opportunities
- We are a Mindful Employer
- A service user or carer sits on every interview panel during our recruitment and selection process.
- We are a Disability Confident Employer.
- Audit our buildings to ensure accessibility for those with protected characteristics.
- Mental Health Act leaflets are available in different languages.
- Translation and interpretation services are available.
- We provide a dyslexia screening service and support for staff and service users having recognised a high incidence of undiagnosed dyslexia in the locality.
- We have NEXUS youth forum, ensuring we are mindful that age legislation refers to young people as well as the older generation.
- All staff are required to undertake Equality and Diversity training which has specific reference to inequalities in the diagnosis and treatment of individuals from different cultures.
- All services are required to submit equality impact assessments to the CCG which are reviewed by an independent group including expert patients.
- All NAViGO policies include an Equality and Impact Assessment to ensure diversity matters have been carefully considered by the author and Clinical Governance Committee.