WHISe (the Wellbeing Health Improvement Service) offers activities aimed at improving physical and mental health.
We support service users within the Community Mental Health Team to improve their daily life, offering physical health checks and lifestyle advice to minimise comorbidity for those with severe mental illness.
We’re a recovery-focused team – made up of nurses, assistant practitioners and support workers – who work in a holistic way, focusing on all aspects of your life.
We run a wide range of groups, including:
- Everyone’s Welcome: A coffee morning open to everyone who is using NAViGO services, regardless of diagnosis or treatment.
- Supporting Voices: People with voice-hearing specific diagnoses can meet up and talk about their mental health experiences – or anything else!
- Walking: A stroll can do wonders for your mental and physical health, so join us for a bit of a wander.
- Badminton: Grab a racquet and a shuttlecock and hit the court! Keep active by coming to our regular badminton group.
- WHISe Choices: A 12-week course on how food and medication affect your body, allowing you to make informed choices and small changes that can make a big difference.
If you have a mental health illness, your physical wellbeing shouldn’t be forgotten about. We give you annual physical health checks and refer you to community dieticians, dentists or smoking advisors if required.
As well as arranging groups, we run blood testing and ECG drop-ins to monitor your baseline measurements and allow you to start taking new medication.
How can I access WHISe?
If you are interested in joining one of our groups, you can speak to your current care coordinator.
They will be able to give you more information and contact us to arrange this.