Throughout the festive season, this year, as always, we are continuing to provide services throughout North East Lincolnshire.
These are confusing and stressful times for all of us. If you or someone you know needs to speak with someone, please remember that as a leading mental health services provider, we are here to help.
We're aware of the additional difficulties isolation and social distancing guidelines place on vulnerable individuals.
Our director of operations Mike Reeve said: “We want to remind everyone that our services are available to them – be this people who currently access our services or individuals who may need to reach out and talk to someone for the first time.
“We’re experienced in listening to people and are here to support you both in that moment and longer term should you wish.
“These are confusing and stressful times for all of us. If you or someone you know needs to speak with someone, please remember that as a leading mental health services provider, we are here to help.”
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week offering support to all ages across North East Lincolnshire.
The telephone support service can be accessed by anyone from individuals already in receipt of mental health services to people struggling with social distancing restrictions, isolation or pandemic-related anxiety. The service also offers fast tracked support to NHS and care home staff.
If you’re experiencing a mental health crisis, call the Single Point of Access on 01472 256256 option 3.
Our crisis team are continuing with face-to-face assessments despite current COVID-19 restrictions.
However, please note there is no walk-in provision. You must contact the team through the Single Point of Access before attending Harrison House by calling (01472) 256256 and selecting option 3.
The virtual kettle is still on.
If you’re feeling vulnerable because of your mental health, you can speak to the Safespace crisis café team using Zoom – the free online video chat app – between 5.30pm and 11pm Monday to Friday. Christmas Day closing at 10pm.
If you’re struggling with stress, anxiety or depression, you can still refer to Open Minds who are using telephone and video to carry out talking therapies.
Telephone 01472 625100 or self-refer through our website.
Other helpful numbers
- LincsLine is an out-of-hours service if you need mental health support due to mental ill health. Call 0808 800 1010
- Shout is the UK’s first free 24/7 text service for anyone in crisis and in need of immediate help with suicidal thoughts, abuse, self-harm or bullying. Text Shout to 85258
- Whatever you’re going through, you can call or email Samaritans any time for free. Call 116123 or Email email@example.com
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is leading a movement against suicide. Call 0800 585858 (5pm-midnight) Webchat (5pm-midnight)
- Hub of Hope uses your location to point you to the nearest source of support for any mental health issue, including mental health crises. Get the iPhone app | Get the Android app | Go online
- Kooth is an online mental wellbeing community with free, safe and anonymous support for young people through live chat. Sign up for live chat (12pm-10pm weekdays, 6pm-10pm weekends)
NAViGO Extra will continue to provide support and care throughout the festive period. Emergency assessments can also be arranged.
Christmas community services
Sector Support North East Lincolnshire have collated a useful list of local community food, shopping, befriending and advice services operating over the Christmas period.