If you live with mental health problems and you have a care coordinator within Navigo or a keyworker within Navigo or Nurtrio, you could get a grant from The Gardiner Hill Foundation .
You can apply for a grant yourself, or your carer or a member of your family can submit an application on your behalf, but please note that all applications must be supported by a referee within Navigo or Nurtrio services. You may be eligible if you meet the below criteria:
- Yourself or the recipient is 16-years old or above and lives in North East Lincolnshire
- You want to maintain independent living in the community, or take part in education or training
- You have no other option for funding and you don’t have funds saved that you could use to meet your needs
- You must demonstrate that the award will have a substantial and immediate effect on improving your circumstances
- You currently have a Navigo care coordinator or a keyworker within Navigo or Nurtrio
The board of trustees will consider each application on its own merits but, sadly, we can’t approve every application. If approved, the funds must be used within six months or the grant will expire.
The maximum grant funding available is £250 in any 24 month period.
The trustees are unable to consider applications where a quote for the items required is not provided.
There are two kinds of grant available:
- General Fund grant
- Home Starter Fund grant* to spend on any household items at St Andrews Hospice Furniture Store
*The Home Starter Fund helps you make the most of your funding up to £150 by opting for high-quality donated household items rather than new. If you opt for the Home Starter Fund you are still eligible for a further grant of up to £100 to take your funding up to the limit of £250 in any 24 month period. You may apply for both grants at the same time or separately, up to a value of £250.
By submitting this form, you consent to sharing your information with trustees of the Gardiner Hill Foundation and other relevant third parties, where applicable, in order to process your application.
If successful, you will be asked to complete a feedback form to help us understand the difference the grant has made.
Please note that we are unable to fund business related expenses or cover outstanding debt.