As professionals we may not easily recognise when someone is having suicidal ideations.
This training course will highlight the possible triggers, warning signs and safety mechanisms.
The aims of this session are:
- To understand the term suicidal ideation
- To explore the experiences that may trigger suicidal ideation in our children and young people.
- To be able to recognise the warning signs a child or young person may be experiencing suicidal ideation.
- To explore the factors that may increase the risk of a child or young person deliberately ending their own lives.
- To learn about positive ways you can respond to a child or young person experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Explore ideas of what the child or young person can do to keep safe
The slides that accompany this workshop can be found below. Any additional resources can be found on the NAViGO Hub.